Thursday, January 26, 2017

Concept Statement

Concept Statement

For my web portfolio, I want the layout to be clean and easy to navigate. I'll do this by minimal buttons. The three buttons I'll use are home, portfolio, and resume. These three buttons will always be shown at the top of the screen along with my logo. The home button once clicked will bring the user back to the homepage. The homepage will have a hero image that scrolls through my portfolio thumbnails every 5 to 10 seconds. The portfolio button will bring users to a page debuting my projects shown in thumbnails. I want to add an effect to my thumbnails like getting brighter as you hover over them or make the image larger as you hover over them. For my resume page, it'll just show my resume and a link to a PDF so users can download my resume. I want to find a textured background I can use for my website that complements my logo. The texture will give the page depth and show what is clickable and what's not easier. Design elements like this will hopefully make the user experience more enjoyable.

  • To promote my: To promote myself as a competent designer who has a good understanding of my field.
  • The goals of the site are: 
  • Clean layout
  • Easy to navigate
  • Visually appealing
  • Represents me and my style
  • The ultimate message/philosophy (about who you are): Show my progression from an amateur to a professional through school hard work and experience. 
  • What descriptive words can you use to describe the ‘vibe’ of your site:
  • Negative space
  • Soft texture
  • balance and rhythm 
  • Completed Projects:
  • Advertising Design
  • Personal Resume/ Business Card
  • Production Art
  • Identity System
  • Page Layout/ Periodical Design
  • Typography: Page Layout
  • Concept Book

       

No comments:

Post a Comment